Pages

9/10/2010

Little Penang

Got the chance to try Little Penang at Puri Mall, well because my dad saw the banner and the restaurant is holding a promo "Buy 1 Curry Laksa, Get 1 Kway Teow". Since my family love Penang food so much, we decided to try it. The restaurant just had its grand opening this afternoon and it was quit busy. Ah sorry, but no pictures :(

Tried Curry Laksa with Grilled Chicken and for the freebies, got Kway Teow with Grilled Chicken.

THE VERDICT:

Curry Laksa with Grilled Chicken: the gravy tasted just okay, nothing was really special. It was made out of coconut milk, a bit nauseating. Also served in the bowl, one cube of fried tofu, one fishball, few slices of grilled chicken, bean sprouts, and a dash of spicy chili paste. The noodle was A LITTLE undercooked for me, but that was okay.

Price: IDR 31.800,- (excluding tax) for this price, it was still quite expensive for me

rating: 6/10


Char Kway Teow: Kway teow served with grilled chicken. I did not eat this one, but my mom said it was very flat and just okay.

price: free

rating: 4/10


Es Campur Penang: mix of grass jelly, cendol, red bean, and shaved ice.

price: IDR 12,800 (excluding tax)

rating 5/10

Quite great food and quite nice interior design. Maybe I will come back when I miss those mouth-watering Penang cuisines :D

No comments: